🌻 Pull Up a Chair...
Creamy Chicken Noodles: The Recipe Chris Requested Twice
There's something special about a slow cooker meal waiting for you at the end of the day.
Around our house, life starts early. Before daylight, I'm making breakfast for Chris, tending the chicks and ducklings, and checking on the incubator. By the time the morning chores are finished, it's nice to know supper is already started.
That's exactly why I love this Creamy Chicken Noodles recipe.
It's simple, comforting, and doesn't require a lot of fancy ingredients. I put the chicken in the slow cooker with chicken broth and Italian seasoning, and while I go about my day, the slow cooker does most of the work. Later, I shred the chicken, stir in cream of chicken soup and egg noodles, and before long, supper is ready.
The first time I made it, Chris finished his bowl, smiled, and said, "Can we have this again tomorrow night?"
Around here, that's about the best compliment a cook can get.
So this recipe officially earned its ⭐ Chris Approved stamp and a permanent place in our family cookbook, Pull Up a Chair at Our Table.
I served it with homemade garlic cheese drop biscuits, and it made one of those meals that just feels like home.
One thing you'll learn about me is that I believe good food doesn't have to be complicated. Some of our favorite meals come from simple ingredients, cooked with love and shared around the kitchen table.
That's really what this blog is all about.
You'll find recipes we've enjoyed for years, stories from Cluck It Homestead, updates from the garden and hatchery, and little moments from everyday life here in Oklahoma.
Some recipes use vegetables from the garden or food I've preserved in jars on my pantry shelf. Other times, I use store-bought ingredients because that's real life. My goal isn't perfection. My goal is to make good, honest meals that bring people together.
So thank you for pulling up a chair and spending a little time with me today.
I hope this recipe finds a place at your family's table just like it has at ours.
Ingredients
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
About 4 ounces egg noodles (about half of a standard 8-ounce bag)
Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions
Place the chicken breast, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning into your slow cooker.
Cook on LOW for 6–7 hours or on HIGH for 3–4 hours, until the chicken is tender.
Remove the chicken, shred it with two forks, and return it to the slow cooker.
Stir in the cream of chicken soup until well combined.
Add the egg noodles and stir.
Cover and cook for another 20–30 minutes, or until the noodles are tender, stirring once or twice if needed.
Marcia's Tip 🌻
If the noodles soak up too much broth, simply add a splash of chicken broth or a little milk before serving to make the dish extra creamy.
Serve With
Fresh garden salad
Skillet green beans
Homemade buttermilk biscuits
With love,
Marcia Raiburn
🌻 The Oklahoma Homestead Woman
🐓 Cluck It Homestead


Comments
Post a Comment