Every Homestead Starts Somewhere

 Every Homestead Starts Somewhere


If you've ever looked at a beautiful homestead and thought, I could never have all that, let me tell you a little secret...


Every homestead starts somewhere.


Ours isn't perfect. We're still building, planting, cleaning, fixing, and dreaming. Some days I'm pulling weeds. Other days I'm cleaning chicken coops or filling water buckets. There are projects waiting to be finished and plans that will take time to become reality.


But that's part of the journey.


Around here, we're raising chickens and ducks, growing a garden, discovering flowers that have been hiding on this old property for years, and learning something new every day. Some days are messy. Some days are exciting. Every day teaches us something.


I hope this blog feels like sitting on the front porch with a friend. I'll share the successes, the mistakes, the lessons learned, and plenty of stories along the way.


Whether you have a large farm, a few backyard chickens, or simply dream of living a quieter country life, I'm glad you're here.


Thanks for stopping by the front porch today. I hope you'll visit again soon as we continue building our little Oklahoma homestead, one day and one story at a time.


Bloom Where You're Planted... and if life moves you, bloom there too.


— Marcia


The Oklahoma Homestead Woman




Comments