What's in My Homestead Kitchen?


Black+Decker Food Processor: The Gadget I Should Have Used Sooner




If you're anything like me, you probably have a few kitchen gadgets tucked away in a cabinet that hardly ever see the light of day. My Black+Decker food processor was one of those.


The funny thing is, it's one of the most useful tools in my kitchen. Once I started learning what it could do, I realized it saves time on many of the meals we already make here on the homestead.


Here are just a few ways I use it:


- Chop onions without all the tears.

- Slice potatoes for scalloped potatoes or potato casseroles.

- Shred cheese from a block to save money.

- Chop peppers and celery for soups.

- Make fresh salsa.

- Mix pie crust or biscuit dough.

- Turn stale bread into homemade bread crumbs.


One thing I love about homesteading is learning to use what I already have. We don't always need the newest or most expensive gadget. Sometimes we simply need to dust off the tools sitting in our own kitchen.

This week, I'm challenging myself to use my food processor more often, and I'll be sharing what I learn along the way. If you have one hiding in your cabinet too, pull it out and join me!

Do you have a food processor sitting in the cabinet collecting dust? What do you use yours for? I'd love to hear your favorite tips!

Homestead Tip: Before buying a new kitchen gadget, ask yourself if you already own something that can do the job. You might be surprised by what you already have.


Until next time,

The Oklahoma Homestead Woman

Comments