Why I Started The Oklahoma Homestead Woman


 People sometimes ask why I started The Oklahoma Homestead Woman.

The answer is simple.

I wanted a place to share the real side of homesteading.

Not the perfect pictures. Not the spotless barns or magazine-worthy gardens. Just real life here on our little Oklahoma homestead.

Some days are filled with excitement, like bringing home new ducklings or watching the chickens scratch around the yard. Other days are spent cleaning coops, pulling weeds, or working on projects that seem like they'll never end.

We're building this homestead one step at a time. There are dreams still waiting to become reality and plenty of work ahead of us, but that's what makes the journey worthwhile.

My hope is that when you visit here, you'll find encouragement, learn something new, or simply enjoy sitting with me for a few minutes as we visit about country life.

Whether you're an experienced homesteader, just getting started, or simply love the peace that comes with rural living, you're always welcome here.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you'll come back often as we continue this adventure together.


Bloom Where You're Planted... and if life moves you, bloom there too.


— Marcia

The Oklahoma Homestead Woman

Comments